Antigua - Beyond the beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do "fired" (voted out) ministers get their massive pay checks for life?

3 posters

Go down

Why do "fired" (voted out) ministers get their massive pay checks for life? Empty Why do "fired" (voted out) ministers get their massive pay checks for life?

Post  -eli- Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:25 am

To me this is madness. Why when Antigua and Barbuda is in such rough shape financially are these guys still letting this happen? CHANGE THE LAW!!!!!
I would love to see one of them say that he's signing it over to the "stabilization fund".

-eli-

http://www.adventureantigua.com

Back to top Go down

Why do "fired" (voted out) ministers get their massive pay checks for life? Empty Politicians and salaries...

Post  queen Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:35 pm

It's just another form of corruption,but it's was enacted and it passed with flying colors..!!!..never heard of a minister here passing up on money.When the UPP got into power they said that they needed people to tighten their belts and on top of that they taxed us....did they tighten their belts..??..fat chance, they are spending money hand over fist on travel and vehicles.....there are tons of UPP supporters driving around in new G vehicles....from tiny Chevy Sparks to Nissan patrols and fully loaded Ford pickups.....we pay for them and the fuel and the insurance and the tyres etc etc.....and so it goes...this is only the tip of the iceberg.
All you have to do is look at the bobol between Will-mouth and tyre master they have stolen millions from the tax payers of this country.....i could go on for the next 10 days.....i wonder how much money passed from La Perla..??..I wondered when a certain lady got the top job.....nuff said............

queen

Back to top Go down

Why do "fired" (voted out) ministers get their massive pay checks for life? Empty Re: Why do "fired" (voted out) ministers get their massive pay checks for life?

Post  adrock Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:34 am

it seems to me that whoever is in power can get away with whatever they want. ex ministers have not only got away with crimes committed but have benefited from them. until the day comes when i see people being held accountable for not only crimes but the nonsense that takes place while they are in power, i will have very little confidence in Antiguan politics. im sure many people feel the same way so its no wonder that when deciding who to vote for its a matter of picking the 'lesser of two evils' or 'who can give me a handout'.
people always complain that they are promised things and they never come to fruition. i wish i knew more about what it actually takes for ministers to accomplish the things that they promise in our constituancys. is it that they can't be bothered after all? is it impossible to get the funds they need to carry out the tasks? is it that hard to get cooperation from the government to do the things the want to do? i'd like someone to address these questions, instead of wheeling insults around the place.

Last edited by adrock on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

adrock

Back to top Go down

Why do "fired" (voted out) ministers get their massive pay checks for life? Empty Re: Why do "fired" (voted out) ministers get their massive pay checks for life?

Post  adrock Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:12 pm

boy this forum needs to see a bit more activity. i guess it doesnt have the same appeal as facebook. Rolling Eyes

adrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum